Sunday, March 16, 2008

Last Action Hero

The other night I dreamt that The Government had taken away all the guns. I am not sure whether it was just the US gov't or the world gov't, and if they took away all the guns of The World, or just of the US. I am pretty sure the US had taken over the world government, and then took away all the guns of the world. The place had gotten too violent and this was another dumb solution. Of course it fucked up power and status because people had no legit way of protecting their property. So The Church (Catholic, I assume, given my upbringing), knowing power, status, and regime better than any other organization in the world, gave everyone knives. This backfired, since basically all of the world could use more cash, and only a few people have sufficient funds to get by in life. Tons were killed.


Where my dream actually starts is a prison bus getting let out into the streets. there's classic bad girl movie star babe wearing a tank top and ripped with muscles etc., a bit dirty in the face, steps off followed by a few others. She announces that they are prisoners and they don't mean any harm, they are unarmed, and wish no violence to befall them and so are making their position known. Of course they all get beaten and stabbed to death. In retrospect I believe they may have been some rich people who were made prisoners for their own protection.


Anyway I go inside this big building and Evan is there with me. He sort of fills me in on what is going on, since I had apparently been traveling in some remote place and wasn't privy to any of this. There is an announcement by a woman regarding some sort of contest. A race of sorts. There have to be 600,000 people at a certain place in 24 hours or something like that, and there is a huge cash reward. People start going nuts, and Evan tells me to watch myself because it was about to get violent. He had no knife on him, and I didn't either for some reason, maybe because I'd flown? But anyway, we are in a small hallway waiting for an elevator, which has a big rugged platform in front of it, and a guy comes up and asks to get on the elevator with us and says he promises not to stab us, and Evan says no way, and then the elevator comes and the guys jumps in front of us and gets on. Then we are waiting for the next one and this guy comes up and sees Evan's sweatshirt and says, "hey is that a Void pin?" and I get up in front of the elevator so we can get on this one this time and Evan tells the guy that even though he can read punk logos doesn't mean he's trustworthy, and the elevator comes and the guy pushes Evan and gets on with me just as the door closes, and then holds up a knife to my breast plate and just as he is about to really dig it in, the doors open and there's this incredible light and the guy says something to me I couldn't understand or else just don't remember, and leaves. I get our and try to adjust my eyes and realize I am outside at an other plane of existence and hope that Evan is ok and hasn't been killed and wonder how long I should wait for him before running to my protection. That's when I woke up.


When I fell back to sleep someone gave me a knife, and then the dog jumped on me and I woke up again. There were a few more moments of this dream carrying further but I don't know what happened.

No comments: