Taking after Soupie's blog style, here's my 2007 in review...and then some other stuff if I don't get bored with myself, like I usually do before I get a chance to click the "publish post" button.....
JANUARY: I move to Pittsburgh right as the year begins, and live in a lovely 2 story apartment with Rob Wierzbowski, which for the first two weeks has either no heat or no electricity or both. Meet Jon right about when those kick on, January 16th I believe. Start grad school and am wacked quickly back into gear in order to keep up. Start work at Tazza d'Oro. Fall down my stairs a few times. Kill trees for school.
FEBRUARY: Fall down the stairs some more, still hanging out with Jon, though by his birthday on the 28th we are "fighting" aka he's m.i.a. and Soupie and I have been hanging out for a week or two, waking up early to ride bikes together before he has to go to school or work. Continue killing trees. Love school. Hang out with Ted, and with Jessie quite a bit.
MARCH: Jon won't give me back my wallet for a week and causes me to not be able to purchase a book necessary for a class, or get into the gym at my school. Soupie starts courting me and we are cute and goofy and disgusting. I find out I can write pretty decent fiction. Start feeling like I have a few friends in Pittsburgh.
APRIL: Still don't know my way around this city. Soupie and I hang out all the time and it rules. Weather starts warming up in a big way. Lots of Wall-sits and bike rides and french fries. Semester ends.
MAY: Soupie graduates college and we both start relaxing after an intense first/last semester. My parents come to visit for my birthday on their way back from Florida, headed to MA. I start up summer classes at the end of the month.
JUNE: Travel writing class goes well. Quit my job at Tazza D'oro, car breaks down, start building bikes in Robinson, car breaks down again. Take a road trip to Boston to visit friends and family. Take a road trip to Athens and Asheville to visit friends and see the cities.
JULY: Go to Trinidad and Tobago for two weeks and have a great time for the most part. Learn a lot about myself, learn more about the world and my place in it. Isis, Laura, and Mister Butch pass away while I am gone. I have a sort of breakdown.
AUGUST: Move into new house in Highland Park with Adam, Courtney, and Joe. Begin talking with Soupie about dogs. Quit job as bike builder. Start fall classes.
SEPTEMBER: Start job as legal secretary and it rules. Classes are very inspiring and I can find poetry in me again, which is a great feeling.
OCTOBER: We adopt a dog at the beginning of the month, then promptly go camping with him. Major Tom brings upon an intense feeling of family which is weird but nice. He is a handful but we work hard on him.
NOVEMBER: Parents come to visit again, on their way back to Florida. We go hiking and I take them to Ritter's. They meet the puppy. Evan is on tour with the band. Kyle and Metro come to visit and it feels to great to see them. Jimmy pretends to have died and we all go a little nuts until we realize it was a hoax pulled by him. Spend Thanksgiving with Soupie's family. Soupie turns 23, thus shortening our age gap to a meager two years. His mom and aunt give me Christmas gifts and solidify my feeling at home in PA.
DECEMBER: Classes end, I get all A's despite working so much, living at two houses, and taking care of the dog. Have a successful reading and am proud of the semester's output. Go to fancy Christmas party at a huge mansion. Go to Florida to visit family. Go parasailing, eat delicious food. Decide to drink on New Years, even though I am essentially allergic to alcohol. Soupie and I are laid up and my stomach is cramped so much I feel like I am having a baby AND passing a kidney stone, and I cannot move for moments at a time.
Which leads us to this year's resolutions. No more junk food, even if someone brings it into the office. Nothing with butter in it, or partially hydrogenated oils. Fresh vegetables, or fresh steamed vegetables. Make our own seitan, eat less breads, and eat more sprouted breads. Also, no more alcohol. I personally am hereby allergic, as all it takes is two drinks to get me not very drunk at all, but completely wrecked for the following 24 hours, and still ill for the 24 hours or more after that. Soupie can make his own calls in that regards, as he does not drink very much at all as it is. I also want to put together another zine. It's time, anyway. Oh, and drink the recommended 8 glasses per day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment