Tuesday, November 18, 2008

dreams she had before she died

two nights ago, I don't remember.



Last night I dreamt I was in a big house with a lot of friends, mainly friends from Hingham but lots of others as well. Chrissy Victims was there, as a vampire. Everyone lined up and Chrissy got in front of us and started talking about a game he wanted to play. Laura, from Rob and Charlie's in New Mexico, leaned forward and looked at me and she was some sort of monster, maybe a zombie. She didn't look totally monstrous, but her hair was messy and there was a crazy look in her eyes. Which was possibly scary than if she had fangs or something. Anyway, when Chrissy started talking about the game he wanted to play, most everyone walked away so it was just he and I. The game he wanted to play, which I suppose I had no choice but to play, had to do with throwing hue objects around the house that sort of floated as we threw them, we if we were on the moon and could throw things like pillars but they did not move quickly. My goal was, I think, to throw them at people who Chrissy had turned into vampires or people otherwise turned dangerous. At one point, Major Tom was chasing me into a room I'd run into and I slammed the door on his front legs and muzzle. There were a lot of people in the other room and for some reason having to do with the game, I kept slamming the door on the poor pup. Frank, from Boston Terrier Rescue, showed up and took the puppy away and gave him to a woman who took care of him. I saw her with him with bandaged legs and nose, holding up his front side. he ran away when I approached him. Later, I saw him and he seemed a bit better, and later still I saw her at the park and she was having doggy lessons with him, and he was running relays around a cone with a ball in his mouth. I asked her please if I could have him back and he came up to me and cuddled like he ususally does. I told her I am not a dog abuser and have taught him just about all the tricks he already knows, and I would continue taking lessons with him and send her photos every week of how good he's doing. She agreed, but said she would stop by every so often to make sure.



This afternoon's dream, when I came home from work feeling achy all over, was also weird. My dad had disappeared, and I was searching for him all night after being out late and finding out. When I finally got home (which was no house I'd ever lived in), both parents were sitting in easy chairs and my mom said a woman had retrieved him. It was the same woman I was trying to hunt down to see if she could help me find my father. My mom said to go upstairs in the neighboring building to find a man who could give me her address or number, there was an office up there. So I went and it was a dance studio like the one in my gym, and there was a guy there getting set up to do yoga so I pulled out a mat to join him and ask questions. He kept doing harder stuff and looking at me funny, but I just went along and did the same sort of thins. Then a guy set up next to me and somehow got it through to me that he wasn't a yoga instructor as I had thought, just a dude working out. We'd been doing push ups with claps in between and stuff. It was around 5:30 a.m. So I pulled my mat away and kept doing push-ups. My body was so light the push-ups felt weird. More people kept flooring the room and walking around me and when I got up and turned around, it was a school cafeteria. There were all sorts of people, like everyone I've ever known was there, just about. At one point Sheryl walked by and I wanted to talk to her about the strangeness and my missing father who was found by an untraceable woman, but she just saw me and looked at her watch and said, "well I suppose it IS getting late, isn't it! My how time flies." And walked away, as if I were some sort of time marker who was there every day at the same time. I walked further on and there were girls from my highschool who started talking about how they used to always pick on me but how i was really cool and they tried to pick on me again and they blew pixie sticks in my face and I blew them back, then walked further down the cafeteria line and Jim Sullivan was there. I don't remember the rest of it.



I think I have the flu. Everything aches real bad. skin, joints, bones, organs, everything.

No comments: